Our mission @ ExceLENS is to salute the achievements of the region’s finest photographers (Pros/Amateurs), to discover new and emerging talent including students, home makers, hobbyists, literally anyone, and to promote the appreciation of photography/videography. Excellence is a journey, not a destination.Our journey began in 2019 and we have smiles to go, lasting memories to create, before we leap.
- Food: Any still life photographs of food. (Packed, Unpacked and Altered)
- Architecture: Bridges, Skyscrapers, Interiors, Industrial, Buildings and Structures.
- People: Portraits (Traditional, Environmental, Glamour, Candid, Lifestyle, Surreal, Abstract, Conceptual) that focus on a single person or a small group of people (Children and/or Adults)
- Street: Street Photography is open to all photographs that records every day life in public places.
- Videography / Moving Images: TimeLapse Videos, Short Documentary, Video with a story between 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
- Lifestyle & Fashion: Model Photographs, Commercial Photographs and Photographs that tell stories about people's lives or to inspire people in different times. Capture portrait/people in situations, real-life events or milestones in an artistic manner and the art of the everyday.
- Nature / Wildlife: Landscapes, Wild Life, Aerial/Drone Photos, Pets, Panoramic, Seasons, Sunsets, Deserts, Trees, Flowers and Underwater Photographs falls under this category.
- Fine Arts: Abstracts, Collage, Photographs with Special Effects, Black & White Photos, People or Architecture photography that are intended to be appreciated as visual art or an artistic photograph!
- Technology: Especially depicting digital transformation and more.
- Travel, Airport, Hotels: Shutterbugs for travel bugs.
- Automobiles: Where there is a wheel, there is a say, of imagery.
- Sports & Entertainment: Adrenalin pumping through the lenses.
Who is Eligible
Professionals (those who earn the majority of their income from photography), emerging (amateurs/hobbyists/homemakers), and student photographers are invited to submit their work. ExceLENS is open to photographers from all over the MEA region, including South Africa.
Upload your beautifully crafted image/s onto our Instagram page #ExcelensAwards. Mention your full name & the category that you are entering your image for. Alternately, you can WeTransfer your image/s to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only digital submissions are permitted and image files must be no longer than 1000 pixels on the longest side, 72 pixel/inch and saved as .jpg, in RGB format and not exceed 4MB per file.You can enter for as many categories as you choose, with a maximum of 5 images / category. All photographs should be no older than 5 years old. The images can be taken from conventional cameras or even smart phone cameras.
The last date to submit is March 7th, 2020.
Use and Ownership of Images
Copyright and all other rights remain that of the photographer. Any photograph used by ExceLENS shall carry the photographer’s credit line.
- Certificate of Achievement from KEA (Kioxia ExceLENS Awards)
- 3 Lucky winners get to fly to an exotic destination for an all expense paid trip*
- 3 Lucky winners receive a branded DSLR Camera each
- 5 Lucky winners receive shopping vouchers worth AED 5000(AED 1000 each)
- 3 Lucky winners receive Smartphones
- Specially Carved Individualised Trophy for Winners
- Automatic Entry for all participants to the WALL OF FRAME exhibition*
* Details to be announced by mid April, 2020
FAQs & Figures
No. Entry to the Toshiba Excelens Awards is free.
Any individual who makes a living using photography is considered a professional photographer.
The Toshiba Excelens Awards is open to all students not just photography students.
Yes, apart from conventional cameras, you can submit images taken with your mobile/smartphones as well.
You will be intimated upon submission vide email. In case not received, you will be guided till such time it is successfully received.
You can submit your photographs vide WeTransfer link on the email id provided ie email@example.com. Or hashtag and tag excelensawards.
Please refer to the submission guidelines provided on this site.
Please share the problem you are encountering in the subject line of your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can enter for as many categories as you choose, with a maximum of 5 images / category.
No, there is no time limit.
Yes you can, please mention when you are submitting it in such cases.
You will receive an email notification upon your entry being received in order.
The winners will be announced at the event in Dubai on 1st Week of June, 2020 (exact dates to be announced by mid Feb 2020)
Winners will get an email / instagram notification about their winning
Please refer to the prizes section on this site
Wall of Frame
"The Kioxia Excelens Awards (formerly Toshiba ExceLENS Awards) Wall of Frame is an initiative that provides photography talent in the region a platform to showcase their work through the year. Pop up galleries will be set up every quarter and shortlisted work will get an opportunity to be exposed to desired target communities.
Work shortlisted for the Wall of Frame will get automatically considered for the next Excelens Awards coming up in 2021. Follow #ExcelensAwards space for more information that will be put up by the end of April 2020.
The Kioxia Excelens Awards Wall of Frame is a continued commitment by the brand to support and encourage the work of content creators in the photography space."
A 10 Member Jury Panel will be constituted to review and evaluate/shortlist and pick the winners/runners up.
KEA (Kioxia ExceLENS Awards) will be held on 1st Week of June, 2020 (exact dates to be announced by mid Feb 2020).
Call for entries has begun and will end on March 7th, 2020.
The Awards Ceremony will be held in Dubai on 1st Week of June, 2020 (exact dates to be announced by mid Feb 2020).
Venue for the Awards will be announced in due course.
How to Enter
- Upload your photograph/video on the Instagram using #excelensawards
- You can also submit your photographs vide WeTransfer link on the email id provided ie email@example.com
- Get maximum number of likes/shares/comments from your community for your photo/video
- An expert jury panel will review the shortlisted work and make their selection based on each category.
- The nominees and winners will be awarded at the ceremony on 1st Week of June, 2020 (exact dates to be announced by mid Feb 2020).
Get in Touch
Call Us+971 4 386 7728
(8 am to 5 pm, UAE time, Sunday to Thursday)
Copyright & Intellectual Property 2017-2023. All rights Reserved
The ExceLENS Awards and all it's associated constituent/s like Wall of Frame are copyrighted and the intellectual
property of ISD Global/ISD Advertising LLC at a global level.
This concept and the rights to contents and the concepts herein are owned by ISD Global and its associate companies.The Content and Concept are protected by copyright law,registered and unregistered trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights.Any use of the contents of this concept other than for the purpose of its provision is strictly forbidden. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of material herein will be permitted without our express permission or that of the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, no changes shall be made.
You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, orin any way exploit, any of the Content or Concept, in whole or in part except as permitted by us. You warrant you will not make use of any of the contents of this concept in any other manner without our express permission in writing. You agree to indemnify us against any loss, damage costs or expenses in the event of any claim arising from your breach of this warranty. The contents of this document are strictly confidential, copying and or disclosure to other parties is prohibited and maybe unlawful.